Coffee… and a bowl of frothy milk within. My dream.
I am lactose intolerant and like many others, I didn’t want to admit it, because I love coffee and I love it with a lot of creamy frothy milk inside. So what to do?
Here’s a few options.
- take a lactase pill
- stir into your coffee a lactase powder
- choose soya or rice milk or lactose free milk
- skip the milk ;-(
- With the pill… it barely works. I still experience the symptoms and discomfort of being lactose intolerant. (Bloating, gas and diarrhea.)
- With the lactase powder… it works! Though sometimes feel my digestion is quite faster then normal ;-/
- With soya milk… hate the taste! I can’t do it.
- With rice milk… it’s very flat and not rich. Doesn’t froth as well.
- With Lactose free milk… it’s sweeter than normal milk. Froths well… don’t need any sugar.
- Skipping milk… I don’t want to drink the coffee!!!
What’s your experience with going lactose free??
- Vanessa Gatelein, Health Coach | Food Changes Everything