Define your healthy breakfast.
Every day the news reports what’s healthy and what’s not. One day eggs are out… the next day (now) they are back in. Bacon will kill ya… and whatever.
Let’s take a gander at this menu.
I love eggs. They make me feel whole and satisfied. Total protein and full of good stuff like omega 3’s when they are farm fresh organic eggs from happy chickens. This is not for everyone… some people get queasy with eggs. The point of this story is to see how it works for you.
Bacon. Who doesn’t love bacon except for the vegans who despise where it comes from. If you want to go healthier with bacon, buy organic and without nitrates. Then cook it with care… not burning it.
Balance it all out with a nice GREEN salad with balsamic and olive oil. Why? Well… if there are any naughty things in the above foods, greens will clean. Greens will tonify and greens will repair damages done. Ultimate balance. So eat the stuff and balance yourself out with a green.
And the number one point… always check and see how you feel after you eat. Are you good? Digestion happy? Energy levels high? These are keys to knowing if a food serves you or doesn’t serve you.
- Bake bacon slices in the oven at 200 celsius for about 10 minutes (watch it that it doesn’t burn)
- Clean your salad and spin dry. Mix dressing: 2 parts olive oil to one part balsamico. Toss with salad.
- Heat a bit of olive oil or ghee/butter in pan (on medium)
- Cook your eggs till desired consistency. I like them more hard then runny.
- Assemble on plate. The more greens the better.
- Food Changes Everything | Vanessa Gatelein, Health Coach