So… there’s a lot of controversy about the effects of red wine and how much one should consume.
When you get to know me… my concern is not what the media says, but what your body says.
How is your body on red wine?
For some, especially in the Mediterranean lifestyles, wine is a part of the evening meal. It is a glass of wine, not a bottle and it’s balanced out with fresh air, manual labor, fresh foods and herbs, along with a lot of healthy proteins such as organic meats and fish.
The wine drinkers that I know in town… drink bottles during the week, smoke and do not perform an ounce of anything physical. They are also very stressed out. I’m not sure that’s in the spirit of Mediterranean living.
- Enjoy your wine without guilt.
- Don’t drink to get drunk.
- Enjoy along with a healthy meal of proteins, whole grains and healthy fats.
- Balance out with lots of leafy greens.
- Discover what the word moderation really means 😉
- Vanessa Gatelein, Health Coach